Friday, May 19, 2017

Five Minute Friday: Truth

I always love to write with the great people on Five Minute Friday. If you want to know more about this fab group who bust out 26 letters in all forms and directions based on a one word prompt...
Click HERE...

Meanwhile... this week the word is TRUTH.

Five minutes on TRUTH... okay, here goes...


What comes to mind when I think of the word TRUTH is the sign in this picture.

I want to. Sometimes. Quit. But to what avail?

And Quit what?!

Quit life, love, people, donuts, baseball, noisy theme parks, bathing suits, and broccoli?

Nope.

TRUTH is... I want to be free. Free NOT to quit any of those things. I want to enjoy them all.

Especially bathing suits, on me. Not perfection, but nothing falling, hanging or jiggling out of place. And since I do eat more broccoli than donuts, that should be good.

The white letters say DO IT.

And I will. Despite the jiggle, falling or hanging. Despite broccoli sticking to teeth and donuts sticking to thighs, baseball games that seem dull to others but awesome to me, and noisy theme parks that bring laughter and keep me from taking myself too seriously when I scream like a girl half my age until I can hardly speak.

TRUTH is .. LIFE, LOVE, and PEOPLE are worth it. So I won't quit.


2 comments:

  1. Love this!!!! I am taking that to heart this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you sum it up: "LIFE, LOVE, and PEOPLE are worth it." So true and that's a great motivation to keep going. Visiting from FMF#12.

    ReplyDelete