Thursday, September 21, 2017

Five Minute Friday: Accept

Five-Minute Friday Writing is one of my favorite things. A community that has blessed me for years.

I have to accept it. It’s real. Making time to write makes me crazy. As soon as I pull up a word document, something happens. The school calls, the dog needs outside, a sneezing fit, the other school calls, a crisis occurs, or I need to go to the bathroom. The issues aren’t original, new or even fun.

I have to accept that if I am going to write, I’m going to have to practically part the red sea of my life and just pound it out. Five minutes at a time, if necessary. That is why I do the Five-Minute Friday writes as often as I can.

I have to accept that I have a job to do. Tending to my family is my number one job. Being present for the ones God puts in my path is my next most important job. Writing is important, but not more than these, so it takes a back seat. 

Accepting my season in life, making peace with the challenges of the moment, trusting God with the words and the time to write them is stretching me more than ever before. I have a book in my head and heart just waiting to bust out of my fingertips. Some day.


3 comments:

  1. Jennifer, the acceptance of the life you DO live is courageous in itself, and I applaud you!

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2017/09/your-dying-spouse-365-i-live-impossible.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you have such a hard time writing! Life can really get in the way, hey? I wish you lots of courage to open that document anyway and pound that keyboard despite everything else. This world is dark enough and needs every bit of hope that can come from your words! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true- we have to accept the season of life we're in and the limitations it can place in certain areas. FMF is a great way to keep up with writing without needing lots of time. Visiting from #31.

    ReplyDelete