Friday, August 31, 2018

What’s the RUSH?

The Five Minute Friday prompt is RUSH this week.

I had to ponder a bit to land on what I wanted to write about on this topic.

Problem: Since I’ve become a Mom I’ve had this “slow down/hurry up tug-of-war in my heart and mind. On one hand I wanted the painful challenges of infancy, toddlerhood, preschool, then school age to move on so my discomfort with that stage would end. But, as I greet the next chapters in my kids lives, I’m taken by surprise - again -  this is hard too.


Solution: What’s the RUSH?! Why do I make it about me and MY comfort?! In order to teach them to be present in the moment, I need to do that too. Any days, hard as they may be,  cannot be re-captured, they must be savored, discomfort and all. And, when the fun, goofy, moments arrive, and I find myself gut clenched, face hurting, laughing... mark it on the calendar and remind myself --- DON'T RUSH this!


2 comments:

  1. Yes. It’s hard to savor what isn’t comfortable. I can relate to wanting to skim through the waters that are too cold. The process isn’t always comfortable but it is essential to the end product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so right:) those days don't ever come back! i'm martha, your next door neighbor at FMF:)

    ReplyDelete