Friday, May 25, 2018

Five Minute Friday - Pause

Writing again today with the Five Minute Friday gang. It seems to be the best easiest thing to semi-commit to for me these days.

Today's Prompt - Pause

I'm in the second longest Pause of my life. The first was our 9+ years of infertility before we had our first son. 125 days into this migraine is definitely a LONG PAUSE for a headache. Except unlike the Blu-Ray player, "PAUSE" means everything stops. Life doesn't work like that. Not during infertility and not during a migraine.

I've had bright moments - moments of fun or joy in the midst of this. I've had reminders that God is with me and this is not a reflection of His love (or lack of it) for me. This is just life. Being life. In life and living life.

I've had moments to PAUSE and remember that this pain is not the worst thing. I have friends with husbands to died, kids that died, car wrecks that destroyed careers, addictions that have broken relationships and so many more tragedies that could be listed.

This is NOT one of those.

PERSPECTIVE IS EVERYTHING.

When the flood of the pain and disruption of the life I want to live pours through, I have to PAUSE and remember to keep perspective. Find the joy (even if it means goofy unicorn balloons and party supplies for turning 47 today!). Pray for the ones doing even greater battle and press on.




STOP.


2 comments:

  1. Wow... that IS a long pause (and too long for a migraine! Oh my!?) Praying for you right now... for rest, for healing, for relief, for answers --but also for pauses along the way that open you up to joy and gratitude and continued grace! What a wonderful perspective you have... what a wonderful God we have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've been suffering with a migraine for so long but I love your perspective and I'm glad you're finding moments of joy in the midst of it. Hope your birthday was good- I love the unicorn balloons! Visiting from FMF #23.

    ReplyDelete