Sunday, October 28, 2018

What is My SONG?

In March 2010 I wrote this blog about the soundtrack of my life. I mention Jr High Band Practice as one of the possiblities, a crazy person's iPod, grunge and a few other types of tunes. To this day it is one of my favorite blogs written during little kid & adopted big kid parenting days.

But, what is my SONG?


I have a few, but as I write tonight I am reminded of a song from my youth that breathed life into me the same way I inhaled the moist salty air of the ocean breeze not far from my childhood home.

I have been too many months away from my SONG, the crashing and splashing of waves on the shore. My SONG is in the ocean, the tidal ebb and flow, the thundering boom of powerful waves followed by foamy mist gliding ashore.

I didn't expect this SONG to bubble to the surface tonight. But, I am so glad it did.

Writing the last few Five Minute Free Write blogs for October - Today the prompt was SONG.

No comments:

Post a Comment