Tuesday, October 23, 2018

COMMON Struggles

COMMON is the Five Minute Free Write prompt for today.

What do we all share?

We all have COMMON problems here in middle America. We have toilets that get clogged, cell phones that break when dropped, kids that are naughty upon occasion and our own choices and behaviors are questionable at times.

But, why do I and several of the people I know act like we have the corner on a particular problem? If it is a COMMON struggle, how come I think I'm the only one failing at ___?

Because another COMMON thing is that we convince ourselves that no one else is struggling with it too. It doesn't matter if that is true or not, it's what we choose to believe in the moment and so we run with it and let it cement in our souls like it is the Gospel. It isn't. It's actually nonsense.

Seriously, when was the last time you were sure:

No one else ate when stressed like you do?
No one else made that BIG mistake?
No one else was depressed like you?

We all are. We do it. We think it. You are not alone. You can make it through today, one breath at a time.

When you need me, I am here.




No comments:

Post a Comment