Wednesday, October 24, 2018

BRIEF Windows of Rest

I'm listening to podcasts today. Michael Hyatt is talking about the "discomfort zone". We want our time in that zone to be BRIEF right? If we are uncomfortable we want it over with as soon as possible!

What if I am supposed to live in the "Discomfort Zone"? I get a bit queasy just thinking about it being a long term lifestyle.

I don't grow or get stronger if I live comfortable. 

But, I can't go non-stop out of my comfort zone or I crack up. Not the funny kind either. I end up practically catatonic on the couch binge watching something useless on Netflix.

Now, I schedule BRIEF windows of rest from my "discomfort zone" schedule. I give myself permission to take a break to do something "useless" at least once a day. If you are a sprinter like I am - I work harder to earn my BRIEF rest than if I don't think I'll ever be done enough to get a break.

I took a BRIEF rest yesterday to catch the sunrise at the lake.
The discomfort zone feels less intimidating to me if I have a BRIEF planned window to be comfortable.

What do you do to rest? What do you do to
keep motivated and stay uncomfortable enough to reach your goals?

If you have no idea how to answer either one of these questions. Let me know. I can help.

My Five Minute Free Write prompt today was BRIEF.

No comments:

Post a Comment