Saturday, November 17, 2018

Pick ONE

Five Minute Friday time! This time last week was beyond rough, but it got better and I used the word from last week - Burden - in my Messy Monday blog

This week's prompt is the word ONE. 

I wrote in last weeks Messy Monday about things that you can do when you are struggling and need to get focused on moving forward. But what if even six small phrases or words feels like too much? I have had more times in my life than I can count where even ONE thing feels like too much.

But what if you could pick just ONE thing to focus on. I found this on Facebook and I love it, But even that can seem like too much - especially if you are neck deep in trauma, grief, depression, anger, whatever overwhelming-life-sucking-breath-taking event you are walking through. Just pick ONE thing. If it feels like too much, pick something else. There are no real hard and fast rules to surviving the really hard stuff. Here are two things I do:

1) ONE thing I choose when I am flooded by life stuff -- drink more water. Silly right? Well, I remember as a kid my Mom answered for me to "drink more water" if I questioned her about any ailment. Now it has become a family giggle that I am passing on to my kids. 

2) ONE other thing I've chosen in the past is sleep. Just to make sure I get eight hours of sleep. When I had little kids that wasn't possible -- see solution number ONE. (Wink)




2 comments:

  1. Nearing full recovery from my "overwhelming-life-sucking-breath-taking event" (love the way you captured this) I've adopted both rules and made my one focus Jesus. He's the only way to make it through. Thanks. FMF visitor #44 at myconcretedove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your apt description of the tough stuff that life is made of. My "overwhelming-life-sucking-breath-taking event you are walking through" is being a full-time caregiver for my mother with Alzheimer's. My life is best lived right now in the power of ONE.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete